How to Make Wire Whisks Into Tulips

$3

I'm always looking for simple ways to make pretty things for my gardens and outdoor spaces.

For this project all you need is some simple wire whisks. I pick these up at local thrift stores, usually for 25 to 50 cents each. I've also seen them at dollar stores.

Pull out the whisk parts like so.

And then bend them into a tulip shape.

Here are my five whisk tulips.

I spray painted my tulips red with a hint of yellow in the centers for interest, and the stems a lovely dark green.

I cut some leftover pvc pipe that I had into a variety of heights to use for stems.

And here are my finished whisk tulips. I spray painted the pvc stems the same color at the whisk stems, which just sit right in the pipes.

This project really couldn't be easier and you can spray paint the tulips any color you love.

Since I found the whisks at thrift stores, and I already had the spray paint and pvc pipe so I guesstimated the cost at bout $3. The time it took includes spray paint drying time.

If you enjoyed this project you can fine more Repurposed Flower Projects here.

For more tips and photos please check out my Whisk Tulips blog post here.

Color Me Thrifty

• Martha Ring

How did you stake them into the ground?

• Jan

you could hammer the PVC pipe into the hard ground first then insert tulip whisk after you get stake in the ground

• Dorothy Sittler

Very creative and simple! I was thinking that they could be used to hold small vines too as they are. What say ye?

• Patty

Can I make a suggestion? Light it up. A small solar light would be really cute.

• Gnomegirl

LOVE IT...So easy-so simple & definitely SO cute. Yes...I will copy your idea. I think I will use metal tubes as my hubby weedwacks & plastic has "suffered" in the past. Lol. Love the solar light idea also. 🌷💡

• Color Me Thrifty

Thanks so much! Yes metal tubes would certainly work too. I get the whole weed whacker thing. lol.

• Bridget

When my daughter was in grade school she would fill a whisk with Hershey kisses and give them to her teacher at Christmas. With a little note in them saying, I Whisk You A Merry Christmas.

• Color Me Thrifty

That is such a cute idea Bridget! That could be done with these and the tulip would be part of the gift.