- 2 lb block of Shea Butter Soap Base (Goat’s Milk soap base is also just as great!) – this is enough for 12 bars
- Silicone Mold for 12 bars
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Purple jojoba beads
- Microwave Safe Glass Measuring Cup w/ Spout
- Glass spray bottle with 50:50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water
- Decorative tape, raffia, burlap, ribbon, or the free printable soap labels you can get below.
Makes 12 bars
- The large block of the soap base is smooth and silky, and it cuts easily with a kitchen knife. First, slice the soap base into strips, then cubes, and place them inside the microwave safe measuring cup.
- Next, melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring well in between to ensure that the soap is completely melted. It took three 30 second heatings for each batch to 100% melt. My pyrex measuring cup was only big enough to melt half of the soap at one time, so I ended up making 2 batches out of the 2 lbs of soap base.