Patio Surround

$200

We have a very small Arizona yard, so in order to have a little privacy in the hot tub, I came up with the idea of building a simple surround that would provide privacy, but still allow viewing the stars

This is the "before". Awesome hot tub, but not much privacy

Very small yard with neighbors closeby....

We used only (4) 4X4's that were 10 feet long. We cemented them into the ground, buried 2 feet deep for stability. And then used 2X4's along the top to connect them. (Sorry, I got excited while doing this project and forgot to take photos of the structure before hanging the pipe and curtains  )

I bought these heavy duty hooks and some 1 inch galvanized pipe that I had Home Depot cut to the proper lengths.

I screwed hooks to the underside of the top support beams and then slid the pipe into them.

I bought canvas drop cloths...

...and clip curtain rings. The drop cloths were 9 feet long and I only needed about 8 feet, so I measured each drop cloth and folded over the excess, ironing the fold for a crisp finish.

Then I measured and spaced the clips evenly on the drop cloth curtains and slid the rings onto the pipes. Finally, I screwed end caps on the ends of the pipes.

I screwed more hooks onto the sides of the 4X4's to hold the tiebacks. I made tiebacks out of rope I had leftover from a previous project.

And I'm done! Pretty simple project and we love the end result.

Curtains opened.

Curtains closed.

Just the right amount of privacy. We decided not to put curtains on the other end and leave it open. The privacy is just really for the hottub

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window

• Suzanne

Love this! I have been trying to figure out how to do something like this around our patio. Now, how to get my husband to do it???

• Eileen Kingston O' Connor

Just love this idea! Thanks for sharing! Cant wait to try this! Got a hot tub for my 50th, 3 years ago and maybe, now i can really relax and enjoy it! Will post pics when completed!🤗