How to Build a DIY Vegetable Arbor

$250

Do you want to grow your own vegetables, but don't want to keep up with the weeding of a traditional vegetable garden? You can easily build a DIY vegetable arbor to grow your vegetables vertically! The advantage of a vertical garden is that it takes up less space, which is perfect for smaller backyards. A vegetable arbor also keeps your vegetables off the ground which keeps them clean

how to build a diy vegetable arbor

For my DIY vegetable arbor I used pressure treated lumber. This would look great with cedar, but will add some cost to your project. You can find the full cut list and detailed plans. You can easily finish this project in a weekend, especially if you have a bit of help.

how to build a diy vegetable arbor

Start by building the raised boxes for the vegetables. I built two of the same sized box and then hammered them into the ground.

how to build a diy vegetable arbor

The next step is to built the arbor frame. Using pressure treated lumber, attach the posts to the raised vegetable boxes. Finish off with the cross braces to add some strength to the entire structure.

how to build a diy vegetable arbor

Next is the netting for the vegetables to go up. I stapled the netting onto the frame using a stapler. Continue stapling the netting until the entire vegetable arbor is covered.

how to build a diy vegetable arbor

Finally, fill up the raised boxes with some dirt and manure. I waited till a warm weekend and then planted my vine vegetables. To see what type of climbing veggies I planted you can read the entire tutorial.

Jessica VanderVeen

• Sheiba

Is pressure treated wood a good idea for vegetable garden

• Bam Milks

I would love this idea for enterence to my yard and grow climbing roses , thank for sharring!

• Jacqueline

What kind of soil do I put in the boarded box?