How to Spray Paint Plastic Chairs

$20

Do you have outdoor furniture that needs a refresh? Anyone can update plastic furniture with this easy and cheap DIY! Find out how to spray paint plastic chairs without spending a lot of time or money, and give your outdoor furniture a new look.

We love these plastic outdoor Adirondack chairs. They are great to sit on outside and watch the kids as they play. But after a few years outside the bright pink color faded to a dull pink. They still work fine, but I wanted a bright punchy color to brighten up our front porch. An easy way to give them an update is to use spray paint!

Start by lightly sanding the plastic chairs, and then washing them down to get any dirt and dust off them. Let them dry completely before moving on to the next step.

Now it’s time to start painting. I chose a bight spray paint with paint and primer in one. Make sure you get a spray paint that’s meant for plastic. Do several light coats of spray paint, letting them dry in between each coat.

Easy peasy! This project took me just a few hours on a weekend. I used two cans of spray paint for these chairs. At about $11 a can, that’s a pretty inexpensive and quick update to these plastic outdoor chairs. Find out more details here!

Jessica VanderVeen