Who knew one cedar fence post and 2 old license plates could make such a fun DIY?! I used one Cleveland Indians and one traditional license plate because that’s what Edward had in the garage. I personally kinda like the mis-matched look.
License Plate Beverage Carrier
Because guys like to have cool things to carry too…
This beverage carrier is perfect for BYOB barbecues, summer get-togethers, baseball watch parties, Father’s Day or any occasion!
- 1 cedar fence post cut into: (2) 7″ pieces (one piece will have to be manually dog- eared) and (1) 12″ bottom piece. You can find the fence pickets here.
- 2 license plates
- metal bottle cap opener
- wood screws
- Nail gun or Staple gun
- 4 Leather Strips approx. 24″ in length each ( I had some left over from the Cleveland Indians Door Hanger you can see here)
- 17″ long 1″ Dowel Rod
- 2 Eye Hooks
- Drill 2 – 1/2″ holes into both side pieces (before attaching plates & bottom piece)
- Using a staple gun, nail the plate to each side piece
- Drill the bottom piece to underside of side pieces
Taking 2 strips of leather, pull them from the inside out and knot the first hole.
- Run strips through eye hooks
- And back through second hole. Knot to secure.
Add a bottle opener on the side to complete the functionality of the carrier.
I opted to paint and distress the wood pieces and stain the dowel rod.
Add a few bottle of his favorite beverage...
Pretty darn cool.
And off he goes with his beer in tow!
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go