Asked 6 days ago

How to build a structure to block a neighbor's yard light?

DsoutherVimarhonorWilliam
+2

Hello, Have any of you ever built or had a structure built to block a neighbor's yard light from shining onto your property? Duke Energy installed new LED yard light bulbs in my neighborhood a few months ago. I will never want a yard light. The new bulb in my neighbor's yard light is 50 Lumens. I might as well be living in a shopping mall parking lot. My neighbor refuses to call Duke Energy to get a kit put on the light so that it only shines on his property or to get a less bright bulb which goes down to 25 Lumen. Duke Energy says I can not put anything on their poles. Any ideas on building something that would block the yard light?

• Tinyshoes

l hate that this is happening to you. My only thought is to call a local nursery and ask about fast growing trees and plant in that area to attempt to block the light. My husband had a man that he worked with that the same thing happened to him and that is what he did and he was very pleased. Will see if I can get a little more info for you.

• Dsouther

Yes, I will try the trees. I wanted to build some kind of structure like a very tall basketball goal but my husband said no.

I agree with Tinyshoes. A fast growing tree, bush, plant to block the light.

• Vimarhonor

We had the same problem at a local picnic area but tree growth over a few years solved the situation. Would planting fast growing trees be an option?

• Dsouther

Thank You. I will try the trees I wanted to build a very tall basketball back board but my husband said no.