How do I rid my yard and deck of flies?

My home is surround by other homes that have dogs in their yards and no one scoops up their messes!! HELP!!

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 06, 2019

The best thing I can think of is to make an investment in a DynaTrap insect killer. I purchased one a few years ago and it's the best thing I've done to get rid of these type bugs and others.

I've seen people hang zip loc bags full of water or glass jars of water to deter flies. They see themselves enlarged and it makes them fly away. Not sure how far they will go or how many you would have to place.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jun 06, 2019

Ick, I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully this wiki has some idea that might help! https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Flies-Outside

• That’ll be really tough to do if your neighbors don’t scoop the poop. You could try having a polite conversation with them. Otherwise I found a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and inverted into it works, fill it with some icky liquid, the flies will fly in and die, unable to get out.