Dressing Table Storage Solutions

$20

Recently, my husband and I moved from a rather large 4 bedroom house to a lovely little apartment complex much closer to Denver city center which we both felt would better suit our current lifestyles. We love our new apartment but getting used to the smaller rooms and limited storage has proved quite a challenge. For starters, I had to leave my dreams of a dressing table behind along with the house and for the first few weeks, this was how my bedside table looked all day, every day. That was until I measured up and took a trip to IKEA!

dressing table storage solutions

I needed something that was compact, organised and didn’t look like storage in order to keep our little bedroom looking like a bedroom.

I measured both inside the draw and the the space underneath my bedside table, height, width and length.

dressing table storage solutions

After wandering around IKEA, trying my best not get carried away and buy EVERYTHING, I decided on the above. The cost of all these items probably came to about $20 max! I made sure that everything would fit where I wanted it to fit by measuring as I went along.

dressing table storage solutions

I wanted a draw divider for little items like make-up, medium sized containers for make-up palettes, brushes etc, and then the remaining space in the large container would be for hair products.

Depending on your maintenance levels, you may want to switch t\up these ratios!

dressing table storage solutions

My storage containers slip nicely into place and hide away when not in use.

IKEA is a brilliant place to start for quick, no-nonsense storage ideas and tips.

dressing table storage solutions

I hope this easy-peasy idea helps in some way if you’re struggling with your small spaces. Try to work with what you already have rather than cramming more in.

I’d love to hear your storage solution ideas for small apartments. Goodness knows I need them

Thanks for reading and please take a look at my instagram page @ha_ru_gi88.

Take care x

• Judithcausey

So do you have to cart this whole thing into the bathroom every morning? Or do you have a mirror so you can sit on the side of the bed & put on your makeup?

• Hannah Somerville

Oh Yeh, I never get ready in the bathroom. I sit on the floor in front of the window with a little mirror.....like I am right now!

• Pat C

Your bedside table is really cute - how that you can actually see it! :-) I love Ikea for miscellaneous storage pieces, and I actually have several of the 5-section clear ones in my drawers too.

• Em

Great view. I get that it is a good place to put your make up on in natural light, but I have never known anyone that keeps their make up on their night stand.

• Sherry Johnson

What about under your bathroom sink? If you don’t have a cabinet get (or make! one of those sink skirts!?? You could stack a bunch then. Or keep it on a closet shelf or dresser drawer ? I would want that space next to the bed for other things....