How do I clean my mirrors without smears and cloudy streaks?

+8

Every time I clean my bathroom mirrors and even my shower door it leaves streaks and looks cloudy. I have tried using newspaper but they are still there. Help!

• Gk Gk on Jun 07, 2019

You don't mention Becky what product you are using to clean your mirrors and shower doors. You could try some straight rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and see if that helps!

• Becky Becky on Jun 07, 2019

I use glass cleaner. But, I have tried rubbing alcohol but that also left streaks.

• Janice Janice on Jun 07, 2019

I use a mixture of water and alcohol mixed 50/50. Most window cleaners contain a certain amount of oil and that's what leaves the streaks. Use a clean absorbent cloth to wipe dry.

• Becky Becky on Jun 07, 2019

Thanks Janice I think I will try the alcohol with water. I tried it straight but had no luck with it by its self.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 07, 2019

A damp microfiber cloth should produce a streak free finish. I prefer SuperCloth and use it for glass, screens, and appliances. It is similar to the cloth you receive with glasses/sunglasses. It was well worth the investment. They were under $40 for 4 of them about 5 years ago.

• Try cleaning with coffee filters. They are less likely than newspaper to leave streaks.

• 4637385 4637385 on Jun 07, 2019

hometalk has some ideas!

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20mirror

• Pat Pat on Jun 07, 2019

Use .microfiber cloths. Wal-Mart sells a set of 4 for cheap. Good for counters, glass tables, Windows and .mirrors.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Dec 28, 2020

microfiber cloths are the best you can buy them in bulk at Walmart in the auto dept where the auto cleaning products are and also in the cleaning aisle - use a small amt of water on the cloth and clean mirrors then use a dry cloth to dry and get the haze off

• Kris Kris on Jan 01, 2021

squeegee..

• Janice Janice on Mar 15, 2021

I find if I use an alcohol/water moist microfiber cloth to quickly clean the mirror, then ollow immediately with another clean microiber cloth to rub completely dry, I don't have streaks.