How to Repair Furniture With Epoxy Putty

$12

It can be a real bummer if one of your favorite pieces of furniture gets damaged. My vintage campaign style dresser got a huge chunk knocked off the corner when it hit the metal hardware on the side. I wanted to repair it, obviously. But I was afraid that wood filler would not be strong enough and would break if it hit the hardware again. So, I repaired it with Epoxy Putty. Here's how you can do the same.

In this photo you can see the damage to my drawer front. Like I said, it is damaged from hitting the metal hardware when the drawer got off it's track. It's a great lesson to be more gentle with my drawers, too :)

This is the product that I used - Epoxy Putty Stick by Mohawk brand. It comes in a lot of colors, so if you are trying to repair something wood, you can even color match it and not need to paint.

Note about this stick - I used only about 1/10th of it for this project. It would last a while!!

Cut off a piece of the putty and work it in your hands to warm it up and get it pliable.

Press it into the damaged area. Smooth it as best you can with your fingers. I then used a straight edge (a piece of cardboard works great) to scrape it perfectly smooth. Let dry.

You can then paint your spot to match your piece. You could also get Epoxy that matches your furniture and then not even need to paint it! They just didn't make this shade of blue.

The epoxy putty dries SUPER strong. See more on my blog!

• Epoxy Putty  (Mohawk brand)
  • Paint if needed

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Morgan McBride

• EJL

how to cover a scratch in vynal canvas

• Sue

Can this material be wood stained?

• Vimarhonor

I have been using epoxy putty for years. Its the best repair - patching secret out there. A depleted gift card works well for slicing the amout to activate-mix up as well as level off the repair spot. I buy mine in the plumbing department for around $6. Great post.

• Agnes

Thanks for sharing,!