How do I get rid of mushrooms safely when I have dogs?

How do I get rid of mushrooms in my yard safely. I have dogs and they're eating them. We. dig them up and put chemicals on them, but I'm afraid dogs will go and get sick. HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEE πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„

  3 answers
    • Pauline Pauline on Jun 10, 2019

      William thank you so very much. I have 3 dogs and 2 of them are digging and eating at them. I'll finish reading tomorrow and then maybe it will give me a better idea. Again thanks William. πŸ„πŸ™πŸ€—πŸ‘

  • Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jun 10, 2019

    The chemicals are more dangerous than the mushrooms,it will for sure poison them. One solution is to this problem is vinegar, a household item that works as a natural fungicide. With proper application, the acetic acid within the vinegar will kill the mushrooms and hinder their return. Take the mushrooms to your vet to see if they are even poisonous or not maybe your dogs are smart enuf to have found a delicacy in your yard.

    • See 1 previous
    • Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jun 11, 2019

      PLUS side........Mushrooms are the reproductive structure of fungi and indicate healthy soil. Also you can pour/spray milk on Fungi and it will kill it;Scientists are not exactly sure how milk sprays work, but most think proteins in the milk interact with sun to create a brief antiseptic effect. Any fungi present are "burned" into oblivion, but there is no residual effect after that. In order to be effective, milk sprays must be used preventively, must be applied in bright light, and should be repeated every 10 days or so.There is no consensus on which dilution of milk to water is best, with the most concentrated recommended mixture 40% milk and 60% water, and the most dilute 10% milk and 90% water. I fall in between using 30% milk to 70% water, with good results. It does not matter if the milk you use is skim or whole because it is the protein rather than the milkfat that is working on your behalf.not sure how large the mushrooms/toadstools are or how well the milk will work. I know it's great on powdery mildew

  • J J on Jun 10, 2019

    Sprinkle baking soda all over the area with the mushrooms and water it.

    • See 1 previous
    • Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jun 11, 2019

      Baking soda, while it is (ironically) approved for use in organic gardening, is pure poison to the soil. Good compost is usually the antidote for clearing up the after effects of using baking soda. Baking soda is very hard on the soil microbes.

Your comment...