Asked on Jun 10, 2019

How to clean yellowed furniture?

Leslie DanielsLynn GoinsKathy Gunter Law
+3

Just got a kitchen set & hutch from yard sale. I love it but it is very yellowed. I was able to clean a small area with a magic eraser but it took forever and nearly killed my arm. I cant imagine doing the entire set. Hoping someone has a different way, or cleaner. Please help!

q how to clean yellowed furniture
q how to clean yellowed furniture
  • Cheryl Williamsen

Is it from cigarette smoke?

I would try water-based clear-colored cleaners that will remove smoke damage.

I would use 3 sets of rags & 2 buckets of solutions:

cleaner, rinser & dryer.

• Pamela

Hi ! I would try krud Kutter re greaser cleaner . The yellow might be from people smoking in the home . This spray cleaner works great ! Good luck !

• Maureen Toms

Looks to me like an antiquing glaze was applied to white paint and you’re scrubbing off the look someone worked hard to create.

if you don’t like the look repainting seems like your best option. Wish you the best with it.

• Kathy Gunter Law

GP66 would be the product I would try. It doesn't damage the finish and should help with getting it off.

• Lynn Goins

Pamela is absolutely right!! I bought some old white cabinets to use in my garage and I tried the Krud Kutter. It's fantastic. NO scrubbing at all!! Spray and wipe clean, rinse and you're done!

• Leslie Daniels

I have found "Scrubbing Bubbles" work well on painted woodwork. The dirt just runs off.