Fast & Easy Microwave Cleaning

$1

Cleaning the microwave is one of those chores that often ends up on the procrastination list. Who likes to deal with those old splatters? Probably no one! But I've been using this handy little trick that makes the whole job go so much easier that now it's almost a pleasure to do.

fast easy microwave cleaning

The secret? Lemon juice and the power of steam cleaning!

fast easy microwave cleaning

To begin, combine equal amounts of lemon juice and water in a microwave safe cup or bowl. I usually do 1/4 cup of each and mix them in my glass measuring cup.

fast easy microwave cleaning

Once your lemon juice and water are combined, put it in the microwave and heat it for a couple of minutes. After it's done heating, you'll need to let it set in the microwave without opening the door for a few more minutes to let the steam do its work.

fast easy microwave cleaning

Then you can remove the lemon juice mixture from the microwave and begin wiping down the inside. You should find that the steam of the lemon juice mixture has really softened any stuck on splatters and they should wipe away with very little effort. I like to think of it as my lazy way to clean!

I love to use my homemade terrycloth cleaning cloths for this job too because they're nice and thick and perfect for this chore.

If you've been putting off cleaning the microwave, I think you'll find this handy trick to be a great time-saving solution. You can get more detailed and printable instructions for this microwave cleaner on my blog, or you can check it out using the "GO" option below.

Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone