Upcycled Patriotic Tennis Racket

$5

Old wooden tennis rackets are fun vintage decor. But this simple addition turns them into a fun accessory for the Fourth of July or any patriotic holiday. And it's so easy!

It helps if your old wooden tennis rackets already have red, white and blue details, but you can do this with any colored rackets.

Using red and white striped ribbon and blue ribbon (with or without stars), weave it up and down through the racket strings. I wove the red and white ribbon horizontally first, leaving a square for the blue. I then wove the blue starred ribbon vertically.

For added effect on the blue ribbon, I alternated my weaving pattern for every row, so the racket strings didn't always show right next to each other.

Just cut the ribbon off after you're done weaving, so you have straight lines. I cut my red and white ribbon ends with a slight angle.

Display your patriotic tennis rackets with other Fourth of July decor items. You can grab this "Happy 4th" bunting printable for free on my full blog post to add to your styling.

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Lora Bloomquist