Upcycled Patriotic Tennis Racket

$5

Old wooden tennis rackets are fun vintage decor. But this simple addition turns them into a fun accessory for the Fourth of July or any patriotic holiday. And it's so easy!

upcycled patriotic tennis racket

It helps if your old wooden tennis rackets already have red, white and blue details, but you can do this with any colored rackets.

upcycled patriotic tennis racket

Using red and white striped ribbon and blue ribbon (with or without stars), weave it up and down through the racket strings. I wove the red and white ribbon horizontally first, leaving a square for the blue. I then wove the blue starred ribbon vertically.

upcycled patriotic tennis racket

For added effect on the blue ribbon, I alternated my weaving pattern for every row, so the racket strings didn't always show right next to each other.

upcycled patriotic tennis racket

Just cut the ribbon off after you're done weaving, so you have straight lines. I cut my red and white ribbon ends with a slight angle.

upcycled patriotic tennis racket

Display your patriotic tennis rackets with other Fourth of July decor items. You can grab this "Happy 4th" bunting printable for free on my full blog post to add to your styling.

Lora Bloomquist