Croquet Candlestick

$25

Old mismatched croquet mallets can easily be repurposed and upcycled into a unique outdoor accessory, when you combine them with a flower pot. With a citronella candle, these croquet candlesticks are perfect for the garden or the beach!

Gather old, mismatched croquet mallets at secondhand sales or junk piles. Small sized clay pots or plastic pots work well for this upcycle. Coordinate craft paint colors to stripes on handles.

Separate the handle from the hammer of the croquet mallet. Cut one end of the stick flat and the other tapered. Keep the brighter colored striped end at the top, where you cut it flat.

Paint flower pots in matching colors to the stripe on the croquet mallet. Using screws and washers, attach flower pots to pre-drilled croquet stick.

Fill flower pots with sand, beach glass or pebbles and a citronella or regular votive candle. Stick in container flower pots or sand. Visit my full blog post for more pictures, repurposing and DIY ideas!

You'll want to make a whole collection of these brightly colored Repurposed Croquet Candlesticks; they're easy and fun!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Lora Bloomquist

• Lynn Arnes Crist

Do you have problems with the pots holding water after a rain or are these sheltered? If they are not sheltered may want to consider a drain hole of some sort.

• Lora Bloomquist

You're right, Lynn, the pots will hold water if they're not sheltered. I just pull them out of the dirt and dump it and stick it back in. Sometimes I have them under an awning or the porch so they don't get water in them.

• Val

Very nifty. What did you do with the mallet portion of the croquet mallets? I was thinking that you could drill out the hole on top, make it larger and drill a small hole clean through for drainage and plant a tiny succulent plant in it or an air plant. Or forget the drainage hole and put a fake plant in it.

• Deborah

Where is the picture of the entire finished project? I see the croquet sticks, then 1/2 of each pot. I want to see the entire finished project.

• Lora Bloomquist

Go to my blog, Lorabloomquist.com for more pics than are here. Put croquet candlesticks I need the search bar, or look under "projects". Hope that's helps!