Anathesia
Anathesia
  • India
Asked Yesterday

How can I clean my rug without using a steam cleaner?

Mary stufflebeamWilliamGm
+4

q how can i clean my rug without using a steam cleaner
  • How to clean carpets

• Johanne Palange
    Yesterday

Does it fit in the bathtub? If so, put warm water and laundry soap in the tub, soak the rug for a half hour. Change water adding a bit of soap again, and stomp on it as if it were grapes for about 15 minutes then drain tub. Rinse until the water runs clear. Lean the rug as upright as you can at the foot of the tub and let water run out. This worked for me on a smallish rug.

• Dan21775392
    Yesterday

Flip the rug over and vacuum the back well with a beater vacuum. If you can do this on a deck, it will send the dust/dirt about outside.

• Pamela
    Yesterday

I found the best carpet cleaner at home depot for about $6 , it is called folex !

this stuff gets everything out , ink , wine , makeup even dried paint . It is in a large spray bottle , it can also be used in a carpet cleaning machine .

• Gm
    Yesterday

Get Host Dry carpet cleaner kit. It's Ave dry powder you

put on carpets and vacuum.

• Mary stufflebeam
    30 minutes ago

For spot cleaning I have used hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. our carpet is white. not sure about colors!