Asked on Jun 12, 2019

Can I hang two flags on one pole?

CindyJan ClarkCheryl A
+2

• Diane Coverdale

I believe there is a military 'protocol' for flag displays, especially for country flags. Flags have a toggle on one corner and a loop at the other.You will be using them to tie your flag to the rope to raise it.

• DesertRose

You need the clamps for the top and bottom of each flag. Hang the national flag on top and the other flag beneath it. If you are starting from scratch, just tie a knot at each flag bracket hole to attach the clamp you will use. Most flag poles have ropes or ways to suspend them. You will also need a pully at the top to rotate the flag rope up and down.

• Jan Clark

Of course you can, unless you're the United Nations! The national flag goes above all others.

• Cindy

Hi Blu. I'm Cindy. Yes, you can hang two flags on the same flag pole. The flag of our country should fly above all others. And it should be bigger than the one beneath it. If you are going to fly our US flag at night, it should be lit. Good luck Blu.