Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

5 Minute Farmhouse Succulent Vase

$12

Okay, this is a great project for all of you succulent lovers! It's really easy to make as well, just have the hardware store do the hard work for you.

What you need is wood, stain, and some succulents -you can get them at the Dollar store!

Have the hardware store cut for you:

4@ 17” 1x6”

4@ 17” 1x1”

2@ 2 3/8 1x1”

Here's how you should lay out your wood pieces. Sandwich the 1x1 inside the 1x6 leaving the top open- this'll be the opening for your vase.

Go ahead and sand all the boards!

Then stain all of the boards, I used special walnut by min wax. I nailed from the inside out so that the there are no nail marks.

And here they are all done! I love the knots which add such nice character.

Then apply the hooks on the back.

Then add in the succulents into the groove, so pretty! That's it.

You can choose to hang them in your desired location! Literally this took five minutes after it was all cut!

See more on my Facebook page- Gilbert Marketplace

• Lynn

Do they not need dirt? And how do you water? I know succulents dont need much water but still, they must have some

• Twila Harrison

Air plants would look nice in these! Or as suggested line with plastic or possibly sphagnum moss. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

• Mary

Hi Shelly, I live in Mesa and have been trying to figure out if Gilbert Marketplace is an actual store or is it just your FB page? I get your posts, but think it would be fun to see your creations in person. Thanks!

• Shelly L Nemeth

We had to stores now it’s by appointment I’m at higley and Chandler Heights message me anytime also check out my group page on Facebook

• Debra

I never have luck with succulants, what’s the secret? I want some so bad but killed them.

• Melissa Marie

Indirect sunlight, and water only when the soil is completely dry...remember, they ARE part of the cactus family...they love arid desert type weather!!