Asked on Jun 13, 2019

How to clean an imitation stainless steel fridge?

WilliamKate PigulaShore grandmom
+9

I am still trying to get some ideas on how to clean a fake stainless steel frig I have tried a lot of ideas but they do not work. Does anyone have any ideas? I will try any idea. Would love to get one of the new ones that are out now that are no prints .But $$$$$. Thank You.

• Fiddledd224
    Fiddledd224

Windex and a very soft cloth (t-shirts work great!)

• Ginger
    Ginger

Stainless steel cleaner found in grocery store makes mine look like new.

• Jlnatty
    Jlnatty

I don't understand what a fake stainless steel fridge is. What is it covered in? What is it you're trying to clean off? I have a basic stainless steel fridge and fingerprints and food bits come off easily when wiped a few times back and forth with a cloth wrung out in warm soap and water and then the area dried with a microfiber towel.

• Kate Pigula
      Kate Pigula

Magnets will not stick to my frig.It looks like stainless but it is something else(I don't know what they call it) No matter what you clean it with it leaves streaks.

• Mary Bray
    Mary Bray

Peroxide/water mixture using a soft toothbrush (to get into any fine details) works wonderfully. U can even add a touch of baking soda for a deeper clean (baking soda is mildly abrasive so use caution). I used this method on an old stainless steel ashtray my husband had (for years) and when I was finished, I noticed a design in the bottom of the ashtray that he didn't even know was there.

• Kate Pigula
    Kate Pigula

This is the problem,it is not real stainless steel.If I use anything abrasive,it will scratch it.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

A damp microfiber cloth should produce a streak free finish. I prefer SuperCloth and use it for glass, screens, and appliances. It is similar to the cloth you receive with glasses/sunglasses. It was well worth the investment. They were under $40 for 4 of them about 5 years ago.

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

I like endust green apple cleaner, it works great and the kitchen smells good too.

• Kate Pigula
    Kate Pigula

I will give it a try. Thank You.

William

There is no such thing as fake stainless steel. If your stainless steel is non magnetic you have a better quality of stainless steel. There are five grades of stainless steel. All depends on the alloys introduced during manufacturing makes it magnetic or non magnetic. That is why stainless steel appliances vary in price range along with other features. Stainless steel range hoods in restaurants are non magnetic by code. After a professional cleaning, a coating of mineral oil is put on. I could get into the metallurgy specifics but I doubt Hometalk Admin would like several pages and it would be boring.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20stainless%20steel%20appliances