Amber Oliver
Amber Oliver
  • Houston, TX

Resin Confetti Tray

$15

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

Resin isn't as complicated as it seems! It's an amazing medium that makes a durable and lasting finish for your projects. Let's make a beautiful resin confetti tray for your home!

I used a wood sign for this project. You just need something with a lip and thick sides!

Cut up paper in the color of your choice to create the confetti!

Now it's time for resin!

First add all the confetti in the bottom of the tray. Add enough to it's super thick and you can't see the bottom of the tray!

Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin.

Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides).

then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute. 

Once the resin is ready, pour directly into the tray and cover the confetti completely! You want this nice and thick so mix up for resin if needed and make sure all the paper is completely covered!

After your resin has cured, you can drill measure, mark, and drill holes for your handles then attach!

PRO TIP: Drill from the OUTSIDE and not over the resin. I accidentally rubbed a spot on the resin because the drill touched it.

Once the handles are attached, you have a beautiful serving tray for your home! Wouldn't this make a great housewarming gift!?

If you loved this project, please visit my RESIN ARCHIVES for more awesome resin projects! I hope you'll stay awhile and check out all my colorful and fun DIY projects!

Amber Oliver