Refresh Outside Plastic Furniture

$25

I don’t know if somebody else has already shared this or not...but I went to sit outside today and the chair was just gross looking! I started to clean it, and then went to grab some spray paint from the garage.

The chair on the right had already been washed down, but still looks TERRIBLE. Nobody wants to sit on these.

I had this can on hand that I hadn’t used yet...why not?!

I threw down some cardboard and started to paint.

Another can of paint...and a table! I was feeling the fun colors.

A partial can of yellow...why not? Oh no....there wasn’t enough. *sigh* off to the store.

Oooh, more fun colors!!

Okay, learned from the first piece...do the bottom FIRST. 😂

So much NICER, and the possibilities are practically endless. I have a magenta table drying and one more chair to clean and paint! I did all these today...quick, easy, cute...better than ugly and cheaper than buying new! Win!!

I decided to lay a stencil down on the table top, and add a little extra fun to my colorful pieces.

I was feeling extra colorful. 😂

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before

• Laurie

Love this. I started small with some flower pots and was thinking of doing the plastic chairs. I’m sold after seeing your results. Was one can per chair enough paint?

• Patty V.

Did your chairs have a gritty or odd feeling/texture before you painted them? What about after painting them?

• Lynnette Soltwedel

No, they didn’t. I would suggest a light sanding before painting in that case though!!

• Vickie

What paint did you use on the stencils and how did you do such a great job? Looks great!

Yes it can:) I've had good results with both, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Rustoleum:) As for your hubby, just look at him and smile and, with a wicked glance, tell him "You knew I was crazy when you married me!"

• Barb in Texas

These are great! So colorful and they just scream summer! and sit in me! Wonderful job.