Plastic Chairs Repainted Into Beautiful Patio Chairs

$10

I came across these chairs in front of somebody’s trashcan last summer, they didn’t want to deal with them so they threw them away. I was having my daughter’s baby shower and I needed extra chairs so I made my husband pull over and grab them all. They looked fine last year but over the winter they got dirty dingy and almost rough Feeling to them so not fun to sit in.

Here are the plastic chairs

I gave them a good cleaning but they still had a rough feeling to them some people didn’t like to sit in them.

Outdoor cleaner

I purchased a box of spray paint and other items an estate sale and this cleaner was in there. Let me tell you this is great cleaner I don’t even know if you can get it anymore I’ll have to do my research I ended up cleaning my windows and exterior my home with this cleaner and they were shiny and bright But make sure to wear gloves because it has something in it that dried my hands out .

Clean plastic chair

Like I said I cleaned them but the plastic was rough and not smooth to sit on. I figured that painting them would coat and smooth them.

Orange you fun!

I alway purchase spray paint at discount from yard sales and estate sales. I had many different colors. The only down side is sometimes the paint is old or the spray nozzle doesn’t work. Have no fear just borrow one from another can don’t throw it away!

Orange

I used kraylon outdoor paint for plastic for this one.

Painting underside

I alway start with a base color that is close to my target color to use as a primer so I can save on the color I want to use. By painting first with another color similar it creates a base and you use less of the color you like.

Finished

I had blue, yellow, green, light blue etc.

More colors

Now I have plenty of seating and my patio is fun!

Assorted paints

Like I said I didn’t purchase at store so I have a slu of colors.

Best coverage

I do have to say that Rust-oleum took the hat on coverage and was able to get a chair done with one can. If you are going to purchase go with Rust-oleum much better covers sorry Krylon.

This is such a quick fix for old plastic chairs and keeping them out of our landfills. The hardest part was a dead finger from spray painting. I have a spray can nozzle handle but it really didn’t work for the whole process. Here you go super easy and fun look. Thank you hope you enjoy.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away

• Cindy Rubin

Did the paint do the job of smoothing them enough to feel more comfortable to sit on?

• Ruth

Hi Cindy, surprisingly it did. Smoothed them out perfectly.

• J Brown

Have round PVC table tops at our HOA pool, the Florida sun has taken it's toll on the finish. They have a few minor surface scratches and the sheen is totally gone.

Before replacing I will try this paint for plastics and hope for the same great results you got.

• Ruth

I bet it will turn out wonderful and festive.

• Tammy

I painted several and they look great, however there is a powder residue of the color. Do I put a clear coat on it or spray with water?

• Ruth

Maybe try water first if it is still cloudy then apply clear coat. Hope this helps