Plastic Chairs Repainted Into Beautiful Patio Chairs

$10

I came across these chairs in front of somebody’s trashcan last summer, they didn’t want to deal with them so they threw them away. I was having my daughter’s baby shower and I needed extra chairs so I made my husband pull over and grab them all. They looked fine last year but over the winter they got dirty dingy and almost rough Feeling to them so not fun to sit in.

Here are the plastic chairs
Here are the plastic chairs

I gave them a good cleaning but they still had a rough feeling to them some people didn’t like to sit in them.

Outdoor cleaner
Outdoor cleaner

I purchased a box of spray paint and other items an estate sale and this cleaner was in there. Let me tell you this is great cleaner I don’t even know if you can get it anymore I’ll have to do my research I ended up cleaning my windows and exterior my home with this cleaner and they were shiny and bright But make sure to wear gloves because it has something in it that dried my hands out .

Clean plastic chair
Clean plastic chair

Like I said I cleaned them but the plastic was rough and not smooth to sit on. I figured that painting them would coat and smooth them.

Orange you fun!
Orange you fun!

I alway purchase spray paint at discount from yard sales and estate sales. I had many different colors. The only down side is sometimes the paint is old or the spray nozzle doesn’t work. Have no fear just borrow one from another can don’t throw it away!

Orange
Orange

I used kraylon outdoor paint for plastic for this one.

Painting underside
Painting underside

I alway start with a base color that is close to my target color to use as a primer so I can save on the color I want to use. By painting first with another color similar it creates a base and you use less of the color you like.

Finished
Finished

I had blue, yellow, green, light blue etc.

More colors
More colors

Now I have plenty of seating and my patio is fun!

Assorted paints
Assorted paints

Like I said I didn’t purchase at store so I have a slu of colors.

Best coverage
Best coverage

I do have to say that Rust-oleum took the hat on coverage and was able to get a chair done with one can. If you are going to purchase go with Rust-oleum much better covers sorry Krylon.

plastic chairs repainted into beautiful patio chairs

This is such a quick fix for old plastic chairs and keeping them out of our landfills. The hardest part was a dead finger from spray painting. I have a spray can nozzle handle but it really didn’t work for the whole process. Here you go super easy and fun look. Thank you hope you enjoy.

• Cindy Rubin

Did the paint do the job of smoothing them enough to feel more comfortable to sit on?

• Ruth

Hi Cindy, surprisingly it did. Smoothed them out perfectly.