Lone 4th of July Star

$15

I had a drawer from a project that wasn’t used. The bottom was in pretty bad shape so I took it out and replaced it with some barn wood we had. I just nailed it to the bottom using my air nailer. I also kept the knob on because I though it added character.

Everything got a light sanding. Then it was time to paint.

The inside got dry brushed with a white paint.

This barbed wire star was purchased from Hobby Lobby on sale. I taped off the barded wire, I then spray painted just the star a rustic red.

After that dried I lightly dry brushed the entire piece with the same white paint I used on the drawer.

This is the brand of paint I used. I really like the coverage it gives.

The outside of the drawer was dry brushed with a blue color. After the blue dried, I went lightly with a very dry white brush. I liked this distressed look better that sand distressing the drawer. Hope this makes sense!

I hung the star using a cup hook. That way I can change it out for different holidays if I choose to. It can either sit on a table or I can put a picture hanger on the back to hang it at the back doorway. I haven’t decided that yet. I do love how rustic it looks!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!

• Loretta

What is dry brushing

• Jody Harris

Dry brushing is having very little paint on your brush. You lightly place it in the paint, brush it on a paper towel to get the excess paint off and then lightly brush whatever you are painting. It’s usually used to accent. Hope this answers your question!

• Darlyne Weese

sweet love it

• Maureen

Amazing job!! Very creative way to use a drawer. The possibilities are endless of what you could put inside.

Something for every holiday..and I do love the star!!