Lone 4th of July Star

$15

I had a drawer from a project that wasn’t used. The bottom was in pretty bad shape so I took it out and replaced it with some barn wood we had. I just nailed it to the bottom using my air nailer. I also kept the knob on because I though it added character.

Everything got a light sanding. Then it was time to paint.

The inside got dry brushed with a white paint.

This barbed wire star was purchased from Hobby Lobby on sale. I taped off the barded wire, I then spray painted just the star a rustic red.

After that dried I lightly dry brushed the entire piece with the same white paint I used on the drawer.

This is the brand of paint I used. I really like the coverage it gives.

The outside of the drawer was dry brushed with a blue color. After the blue dried, I went lightly with a very dry white brush. I liked this distressed look better that sand distressing the drawer. Hope this makes sense!

I hung the star using a cup hook. That way I can change it out for different holidays if I choose to. It can either sit on a table or I can put a picture hanger on the back to hang it at the back doorway. I haven’t decided that yet. I do love how rustic it looks!

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away

• Loretta

What is dry brushing

• Jody Harris

Dry brushing is having very little paint on your brush. You lightly place it in the paint, brush it on a paper towel to get the excess paint off and then lightly brush whatever you are painting. It’s usually used to accent. Hope this answers your question!

• Darlyne Weese

sweet love it

• Maureen

Amazing job!! Very creative way to use a drawer. The possibilities are endless of what you could put inside.

Something for every holiday..and I do love the star!!