Industrial Iron Pipe Lamp

$30

According to my landlady, when using iron pipes in the garden, it confuses and repels all sorts of flying bugs like mosquitoes from biting you... I'm not sure the files knows that, however, after helping her fix the pipes all over the garden, there were a few extra leftovers and I decided to turn them into a nice, cool, rustic lamp. Although light usually attract flies...

the lamp :)

I had to buy a few connectors,

I began by assembling on the table the outline of the lamp, passing the wire from one "leg" to the other.

I disassembled an old lamp I had and used its core.

One leg is the input.

The other leg is the switch. I hot-glued it inside the pipe. It doesn't fit perfectly, but works just fine.

After the legs were built I began assembling the body.

Passing the wire toward the "head" as I assembled.

The second hand,

For the "head" I used a small shampoo sample I got at Holiday Inn Express in London last December. I spray-painted it white from the inside only and left it to dry in the sun for a few hours.

Then, I took the cores and LEDs of the old lamp and pushed it into the shampoo bottle. I sealed it with a lot of hot glue.

Connecting the head...

Checking to see if it works before gluing into place.

Tightening the pipes together for the lamp to be as symmetric as possible.

After I finished assembling everything, I noticed that my hands were as dark as night. Soap didn't completely do the trick and I was a bit scared that every time I would touch the lamp my hands will get dirty. My husband suggested cleaning the pipes with Acetone and it worked like magic! Bringing the shine back on.

Ready for a night use, on our Epoxy-river table near our bed. See the tutorial of the epoxy-river here:

www.hometalk.com/40650103/epoxy-river-breakfast-tray

Good night

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrF1e6iguqP/

• Mousie Girl

So cool, I love it! Or is it him or a her. ? Needs a name, just sayin.

• Tiana

Why bother asking... I'm sure it would be a non-gender specific since they didn't pick up on the compliment or the sentiment of your message.

• Joanie

It is VERY different......it really does look like a people lamp! Different???? You like it.....I like it.