Flower Box

$25

I’ve been experimenting with building my own furniture and I decided to use some leftover wood to create my own wood planter boxes.

An easy way to spruce up my entry way.

I started by making two frames using 2x4’s.

4 pieces cut to - 16”

2 pieces cut to - 14” -(base)

Then I used 1x6 boards to wrap around the frames. Starting by covering each frame with 3 boards cut to 17 3/8”.

Here is a shot of one frame with the 1x6 boards attached. I used 4 wood screws on each board to attach them to the frame.

Here are the two sides before attaching them together.

The next step is to attach each side together. I used 3 boards cut to 18” each.

To finish them off, I stained them using minwax stain in provincial. This stain is technically for interior, however, I wanted them to fade and look more rustic and this stain worked for what I wanted my end product to be.

I am really happy with how they turned out, they look lovely! I hope you like them too.

• Bev

I love your planters! They look especially lovely sitting on the stenciled porch! I have that same stencil and would never have thought of using it outdoors; I'll add this to my 'to do' list!

• Cathy Hays

I agree about the Stencil, I had to look twice to realize it was stencil. I thought at first glance it was a rug.

• Patricia Lloyd Morehead

Thanks for sharing! I have so much extra wood left over and just laying around that I now have some good ideas to use it for.