Char
Char
  • Greensboro, NC
Asked on Jun 16, 2019

How to apply glass on concrete?

WilliamCharLinda Sikut
+3

Hi Everyone! I'm Char, I'd like advice about the flat marble heart on my patio please. It's been there for 5 yrs. After a yr, the flat marbles started to detach from the concrete. I've used silicone and every kind of household glue I could think of. Any ideas to make them stick? Thanks bunches, Char

q how to apply glass on concrete
  • J

Try clear gorilla glue.

• Everything Pretty

Here's a review of several adhesives that might work https://toolsfeed.com/best-concrete-adhesive/

• Char

Hi J! Gorilla glue was the first glue I used. It held for about a year. I'm wondering if I just need to re-apply it once a year. Sigh....

• Linda Sikut

Hi Char,

Maybe it's in the prep before gluing. Glass on concrete is hard to do, but it can be done with the right glue and prep. I use E6000 for most projects, but Gorilla does have a glue that is for that application. I've even seen Liquid Nails used. Once it's done see if you can find a matte outdoor sealer and seal the area to help keep the glass in place. If it gets a lot of wear and tear, add more sealer over time as needed. Wishing you the best.

• Char

I think these answers will do it!! Thank you all SO much!!!

E6000 glue or a two part epoxy glue