DIY Terrazzo Polymer Clay Ring Dish

$30

This DIY Terrazzo polymer clay ring dish is a simple way of using up leftover coloured polymer clay. You can really mix things up by using different colours.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

Not only are they really simple to make they look fabulous. Plus Terrazzo is making a real comeback, in fact, I think it might be the new DIY marbling! This would be a really great handmade homemade gift. Not a fan of Polymer clay, then we have also used microwave drying clay to make a ring dish before.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

Materials:

• Polymer Clay
  • Rolling pin
  • Oven proof tray
  • Circle cutter
  • Knife
  • 150 grit Sandpaper
diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

I don’t have special clay tools and actually, repurpose a lot of my baking equipment which is what makes this a really inexpensive craft.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

Start by picking out the colours for your terrazzo. I chose a white background with flecks of brown, grey, pink and coral. You can choose whatever colours you like and this is a fabulous way to use up leftover polymer clay from other projects. Do use the same brand clay, so it all cures at the same temperature and time.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

Roll out your base clay – I have a roller with little circles you put on the ends to make the clay an even thickness and I really love it. It is perfect for this and for pastry too.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

Then cut flakes of small pieces of the coloured clay. If you have older clay it is easier to do this! You can also grate, yes with a cheese grater older polymer clay. Then roll again.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

Place the clay into an ovenproof bowl to form a bowl shape and bake according to packet instructions. Allow to cool before removing.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

you could use gold acrylic paint to paint the edge.

diy terrazzo polymer clay ring dish

I love how simple and easy these are to make. They would make for a great teen craft or even to make with your Girlfriends. You could also make these fabulous DIY Terrazzo Earrings using Leftover Polymer Clay

Jen Walshaw

• Martha Anne Horning

Did you cut out a perfect circle with a biscuit cutter or just free hand it in the oven proof bowl?

• Mini

She used a 4 inch cookie cutter. She says in her blog that you can use a bowl or a cup.

• Sharon

What do you use your knife and sandpaper for?

• Jen Walshaw

The knife is for cutting out the clay in a circle and then once baked I sandpapered down the edges

• Mini

I have some clay and this is a great idea to make for your friends! Thanks

• Kathy

That is super cute. Love it!!!