Asked on Jun 19, 2019

Easiest and most expedient way to remove 25 year old wallpaper??

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAWilliamBetsy
+1

• Lela Quinn

At your local rental place, see if they have a wallpaper remover, it is messy with water but well worth the money spent to save time.

Hi Betty: The easiest way I have found is to use a thing called a Paper Tiger. It makes small holes in the wall paper. You can get them at paint/wallpaper stores, and maybe some home improvement stores carry them. Then, spray the paper with a 50/50 mix of water and liquid fabric softener. Let it soak in for a bit, then scrape the paper off with a plastic putty knife, being careful not to gouge the wall. You may have to do it a couple of times, but this is what worked for me. Good luck

Wallpaper steamer would be the fastest. Rent at Home Depot. I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle and a putty knife for scraping off.

• Steaming has been most successful for me. Score and steam! The more you score, the more steam gets in, the easier it is to remove.

https://www.lowes.com/projects/paint-stain-and-wallpaper/remove-old-wallpaper/project

I score until my arms want to fall off, then score some more! No need for gym membership either! 🌞