Patty
Patty
  • Porterville, CA
Asked on Jun 19, 2019

Is there a way to fix springs pushing up on a couch cushion?

Unique Creations By AnitaKmdreamerDesertRose
+1

Is there a way to fix springs pushing up on a couch cushion

Hi Patty: You may be able to tip the couch over, remove the dust cover and you should see the springs. Then tie the springs that are poking up, back down with rope. Replace the dust cover, or not, and you should be good to go. Good luck

• DesertRose

My friends from church put a piece of plywood over their springs (they were not in the cushions so I hope this helps). Then the cushions supported their weight without the springs pushing up in them. I hope this is what you meant.

• Kmdreamer

I have put a thin board on the bottom or a folded blanket and you don’t feel them

• Unique Creations By Anita

In the couches I have restored the the paste, the springs are usually tied down with a strong cord to hold them in place. So I can only assume the string that holds them in place has broken. If you have removable cushions you may be able to remove the lining and expose the springs and tie them back down again.