Bread Box Makeover

$20

Give an old bread box an updated look with this chic modern makeover idea! These old bread boxes are everywhere! Find an amazing new way to transform them! Find more great DIY Home Decor and Renovation ideas on our blog, Love Create Celebrate!

I don’t even know where we originally got this bread box, but it now looks like something you could pick up in a thrift store. It wasn’t hard to convince myself that it needed some love.

Start by setting up your  spray shelter. We just popped ours up in the garage to avoid getting paint on any of our tools. I opted for a  paint sprayer for this project instead of paint brushes because the piece has so many edges and crannies – I didn’t want to spend a ton of time digging in and painting and getting paint all over my arms, lol.

Next, fill your  paint sprayer‘s pot with the paint of your choice.

Before you start using your  paint sprayer, use an old piece of cardboard to experiment with. You can adjust the the volume of paint you release, and the spray patterns (horizontal, vertical, and circular). We used the vertical setting. Once your ready spray your piece.

When the exterior is dry, open up your paint sprayer and paint the inside of your piece as well. Each time you stop make sure to follow the directions and clean your sprayer well.

When I was planning out this project, I honestly thought the easiest thing to do would be to cut vinyl using my Cricut and and stick it on to make my pattern! The best vinyl for the job is the outdoor vinyl. It sticks great and is wipeable (which is perfect for the kitchen).

If you want to use your Cricut, you can access my Cricut Design File HERE!!

Once you have your vinyl strips cut out, measure all sides of your bread box and put a pencil tick at one inch increments.

Add your cut vinyl pieces across the face and top of your bread box.

Cut the edges of your strips of vinyl so that they don’t hang off.

Once all of your horizontal strips are done, you can add the vertical ones.

I just used a pencil to help me tap the vinyl into any of the divots or cracks. Finish the front and the top, and you’ve got a brand new modern bread box!

I didn’t think I was talented enough to use a sharpie or paint, but if you have a steady hand, that’s another great affordable option for adding the modern design!

I’m so in love with this criss cross pattern on our new modern bread box! I want to add it to everything.

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Love Create Celebrate