Deana
Deana
  • Cottonwood, AZ
Asked on Jun 19, 2019

How do I remove old water and soap stains from the shower doors?

Kelly Denoyer RussellEverything PrettyKmdreamer
+3

I cannot remove water and soap stains from my shower doors. I've rented an old house and I don't think they EVER cleaned the glass doors! I have tried everything I know of. Can you help me?

• Melissa Cooke

Use Bar Keepers Friend. It is amazing and will take it right off. I use the liquid and scrub it with a scrub sponge. Rinse it off and the stains are gone.

• Nan W.

Deana: I find that Lime-Away works quite well. Then! always (NO EXCUSES!) use a squeegee after showering -- every time.

• I use a baking soda and white vinegar mix. You want the mixture to be pasty. Use a sponge to apply it to the shower door. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes or so. Use a wet cloth to wipe it off.

• Kmdreamer

Comet and a scrubby

• Everything Pretty

Barkeepers Friend has a spray. Spray, let sit for a minute, and then scrub. It's important to let it sit though.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

If you have tried most typical suggestions esp CLR and Lime Away it’s probably safe to say the glass is etched. It happens from the spray and mineral in the water esp with well water. Nothing you can do.