Planters - Quick DIY

$5

I have to be honest...and need to give credits to my beautiful grass and succulents plants! They inspired me to find and finally do something original to house them in!

Story of my life!Can’t find what I am looking for in my assign budget. I needed so badly some pop of color for my succulents and grass plants but couldn’t find anything in a right size and of course in my price range …. I knew it I had to do it myself! My recycle bin was a perfect place to look…. and I was lucky! Big tomatoes tin cans and butter container are perfect size!

Let’s go to work! So exciting! All I needed was to make them look like they are not tin cans and distress them a bit to hide the obvious, so the meat tenderizer that I use to pound my meat for cutlets was my answer …ha ha ha

This was fun but don’t get too carried away taking your frustrations out on a tin can, you want them to be usable and not a crumpled mess.

Once you are happy with the way your tin cans look, simply spray with the  GOLD PAINT. You can find this for under $5 at Amazon or at your local Hardware Store

Because I liked to have really shinny deep shade of gold I had to apply spray paint twice.

and look at that ! TAA- DAA... succulent plant fits perfectly! Love the way those containers turned out! ...even though I am not really a GOLD lover!

Can't wait to fill all 3 of them with my plants ! I know they will be happy growing in style in those containers!

IF YOU ENJOYED READING ABOUT THAT PROJECT YOU WILL FOR SURE LIKE OTHER QUICK DIY ON OUR BLOG...

Farmhouse Stamped Books Stacks DIY

PLEASE VISIT US AND SUBSCRIBE

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Agnes Chrzanowska

• Lillian

They look really pretty painted,but why smash them?

• Zanne Goldwire

I'm totally confused but what was the purpose of smashing up the tin cans again?...Im sorry but I thought they would have a purpose of some kind individually, but they're just displayed crumpled up(sprayed gold) with a plant in another pot. Could you please explain again. Thx in advance.

• Mary C.

I agree with Zanne why dent the cans. They don’t look like they would even stand up unless you lean them against something. And why post denting the cans if you’re not going to put the plant in at least one.

• Monique

Agree with most other comments....what's the point of smashing.....don't get this at all.

• Lori Cole

I love the uniqueness of the smashed cans !!!

it gives the look more character!

Less boring that way 😊

👍😊🤗

good idea !

• Melin

I like the smashed, crushed look on the tin cans and accentuates that they are recycled, repurposed tin cans ~ makes the planters more whimsical and fun.

Thank you for sharing.