Planters - Quick DIY

$5

I have to be honest...and need to give credits to my beautiful grass and succulents plants! They inspired me to find and finally do something original to house them in!

Story of my life!Can’t find what I am looking for in my assign budget. I needed so badly some pop of color for my succulents and grass plants but couldn’t find anything in a right size and of course in my price range …. I knew it I had to do it myself! My recycle bin was a perfect place to look…. and I was lucky! Big tomatoes tin cans and butter container are perfect size!

Let’s go to work! So exciting! All I needed was to make them look like they are not tin cans and distress them a bit to hide the obvious, so the meat tenderizer that I use to pound my meat for cutlets was my answer …ha ha ha

This was fun but don’t get too carried away taking your frustrations out on a tin can, you want them to be usable and not a crumpled mess.

Once you are happy with the way your tin cans look, simply spray with the  GOLD PAINT. You can find this for under $5 at Amazon or at your local Hardware Store

Because I liked to have really shinny deep shade of gold I had to apply spray paint twice.

and look at that ! TAA- DAA... succulent plant fits perfectly! Love the way those containers turned out! ...even though I am not really a GOLD lover!

Can't wait to fill all 3 of them with my plants ! I know they will be happy growing in style in those containers!

IF YOU ENJOYED READING ABOUT THAT PROJECT YOU WILL FOR SURE LIKE OTHER QUICK DIY ON OUR BLOG...

Farmhouse Stamped Books Stacks DIY

PLEASE VISIT US AND SUBSCRIBE

Agnes Chrzanowska

• Ma_pa_jackrabbit

if your going to dent them why not give them a couple more dents?

• Nina Li

I like that look you gave them! The dents give the cans character. Good job!

• Lillian

They look really pretty painted,but why smash them?

• Richelle Sprouse

Maybe so opening is square not circle shaped to hold the square small succulent pots?

• Zanne Goldwire

I'm totally confused but what was the purpose of smashing up the tin cans again?...Im sorry but I thought they would have a purpose of some kind individually, but they're just displayed crumpled up(sprayed gold) with a plant in another pot. Could you please explain again. Thx in advance.

• Jessica

Not a favorite of mine. The article said she wanted to make them “not” look like cans, but these look like you picked up trash & spray painted it. 😂

• Marze

Will was expecting to see some thing better , Kool,.,. Something that I would want to do......