Jackie
Jackie
Asked on Jun 20, 2019

How to stop flooding in garage?

Lynn SorrellDorothyTinyshoes

How do I determine how to get the correct water (rain) flow from entering/flooding garage from driveway and side of garage?

• Tinyshoes

Jackie ... Can you trench at the garage and add pvc from downspout to the other side? It worked for us but we did it prior to concreting however, my husband did it at the camper shed and just added rock and that worked. He isn't here right now but I am sure some of the men on the site can help you out better than I can. Good luck to you.

• Dorothy

My niece had same problem and she had to have a contractor install a drainage grate in front of garage door and direct it to back of house.

• Lynn Sorrell

a minimum of 1/4-inch per foot and a maximum of three inches per foot or vertical. A slope of less than 1/4-inch per foot will cause constant drain clogs and a slope of more than three inches will allow the water to drain without the solids. what are you trying to do add trench,drain,more cement?