Summer Fun Wreath- Beach Style

$20

Nothing says Summer any better than Flip Flops and I decided to include them in a Summer wreath. This isn't the typical one you'll often see on the internet because I opted to buy tiny flip flops to use as a fun accent. I threw in a pair of matching sunglasses and a few seashells too.

Kids Sunglasses & Flip flops

It was from my accents that I coordinated the flower colors I'd be going with as well, tangerine and purple.

Artificial Flowers

I layer the stems into the grapevine forming a C shape on about half of the grapevine cicumference. I sometime will cut the stems to shorten the length before adding hot glue and wiggling it into place through the vine.

To glue on the sunglasses and seashells was a bit more of a challenge. I decided to take my sisal string and braid 3 strands to make it a little more substantial but not too big because I wanted it to be the supporting actor not the main one in this production. So along the other half of the wreath from the 12 o'clock point to the 6 mark I wrapped the braided sisal and secured it at the ends with hot glue.

The rope was now a means to hang the sunglasses on and it gave me more gripping area for the glue to adhere to with the other accents. The seashells are even tucked inside to give them extra hold, all glued in place with hot glue. The round button type thing on the bottom of the flip flop is even secured within the rope braid strands before being glued.

Here is the finished look with all of the components put into place and you see who steals the spotlight? The beach accents!

The most important part to making these seasonal wreaths is to add the elements that reflect the season and have fun with it!

Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration