Summer Fun Wreath With Flip Flops

$20

Nothing says Summer any better than Flip Flops and I decided to include them in a Summer wreath. This isn't the typical one you'll often see on the internet because I opted to buy tiny flip flops to use as a fun accent. I threw in a pair of matching sunglasses and a few seashells too.

Kids Sunglasses & Flip flops
Kids Sunglasses & Flip flops

It was from my accents that I coordinated the flower colors I'd be going with as well, tangerine and purple.

Artificial Flowers
Artificial Flowers

I layer the stems into the grapevine forming a C shape on about half of the grapevine cicumference. I sometime will cut the stems to shorten the length before adding hot glue and wiggling it into place through the vine.

summer fun wreath with flip flops

To glue on the sunglasses and seashells was a bit more of a challenge. I decided to take my sisal string and braid 3 strands to make it a little more substantial but not too big because I wanted it to be the supporting actor not the main one in this production. So along the other half of the wreath from the 12 o'clock point to the 6 mark I wrapped the braided sisal and secured it at the ends with hot glue.

summer fun wreath with flip flops

The rope was now a means to hang the sunglasses on and it gave me more gripping area for the glue to adhere to with the other accents. The seashells are even tucked inside to give them extra hold, all glued in place with hot glue. The round button type thing on the bottom of the flip flop is even secured within the rope braid strands before being glued.

summer fun wreath with flip flops

Here is the finished look with all of the components put into place and you see who steals the spotlight? The beach accents!

The most important part to making these seasonal wreaths is to add the elements that reflect the season and have fun with it!

summer fun wreath with flip flops