CAROL
CAROL
  • Marcus Hook, PA
Asked on Jun 21, 2019

How to redo or use old treadle sewing machine drawers?

PamelaCindyKelli L. Milligan
+1

I have several old oak drawers from an antique sewing machine that I want to repurpose. I need ideas.

• Kelli L. Milligan

They are great for counter or tabletop storage. Craft supplies, kitchen cutlery, napkins, sewing.....

• Cindy

Hi Carol. I'm Cindy. Old drawers make great outdoor window boxes. You will need to cut them to remove the center of the drawer. Then attach the front 5 or 6 inches before the back of the drawer. Paint and be sure to seal them to withstand change of weather. You can even put some cute handles (or use original handles) on the front. Good luck Carol.

• Pamela

I have 4 of them as well !!! I have 2 ideas for them , but haven't done them yet . One was to put it on top of tile and use it as a cooking utensil holder . The other project I want to do with the other 3 is to make them into a slice and holder ...please post a picture of what you do with yours !😊

• Pamela

That was supposed to be spice holder !