Use Shower Curtain Rings to Make Your Table Prettier

$15

Over on my blog, Celebrate and Decorate I love to style pretty tables. Tablescapes are kind of my thing and that includes all of the details, centerpieces, plate stacks and of course, napkin rings! Fancy napkin rings can get pricey so sometimes you have to get creative!

use shower curtain rings to make your table prettier

Cheap plastic shower curtain rings will be the base for my custom napkin rings.

This is so easy with some hot glue! Use some hot glue to glue your rings together as shown above.

For my needs, I found 3 rings would be the perfect width. I used the hot glue to secure them together and then let them cool completely.

When all of my rings were glued together it was time to start covering them with ribbon. Blue is a primary color in my home, so dark blue ribbon was going to be perfect! I began with a small amount of hot glue on the inside of my rings with the end of some navy blue satin ribbon stuck into the glue. I used about four feet of ribbon for each napkin ring.  

Wrapping the the ribbon tightly around the rings I made sure I over lapped it enough so none of the white showed through between the ribbon.  

These looked pretty enough I could have just used these like this, but I spotted these beautiful sunflowers with deep blue centers in them that I wanted to use for these napkin rings.  

I pulled the sunflower blossoms off the bush they were on and used the hot glue to attach the blossoms right where the indentation on the shower rings was. I hadn’t even pulled the hot glue string off of this one when I snapped this photo.

With these dark blue centers on the sunflowers, I knew these were going to be stunning on my table.

There you have a beautiful faux flower napkin ring! Make a set of them in any color and any kind of bloom you would like!! They will dress up your table so well!

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)