Vintage Watering Can Makeover

6 materials
$10

It’s time to dust off the old metal watering cans that you may have stashed in your own garage or at your parents house! If you don’t have one, you can almost always find one at local swap meets or garage sales.Pull it out, clean it up and let’s make is pretty!!!

Here’s what you need to make your own Vintage Watering Can Planter –

• Any old metal watering can
  • Spray paint
  • Crystal rhinestones of any color and size
  • Jump rings (found in jewelry making)
  • Fishing line or jewelry thread
  • FLOWERS!

After your vintage watering can is clean from cobwebs and dirt, make sure it’s completely dry and then spray paint it in whatever color matches you’re style! I opted for pink because I love ALL things pink!

Once your paint is dry, you can leave it as is or take some sand paper and rough up the edges a little to make it look a little more distressed!

You’re going to start threading your rhinestones on the individual threads. You can layer and alternate sizes and colors to your preference. I opted to keep them all clear so it would resemble water dripping out when it was hung.

Next is the fun part – attaching the rhinestones! Please see my BLOG POST for a full tutorial on the beads

Fill with potting soil and add some annual flowers!

Beth Eaton

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

Next