If You Make Wreaths You Might Need This!

$130
Advanced

If you are a wreath maker, you just might need one of these! This is one of those projects that I failed to take photos of while I was working on it. Perhaps I wasn’t sure this was even going to turn out! I was lucky to have a couple of old doors left in my garage. Looking at those doors, I knew it would help me if I had a door to make my wreaths and swags on. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

A trip to the Home Depot was the first job at hand. They will do simple cuts of lumber for you, which made the lumber a little easier to manage to bring home.  Beginning with 2′ x 6’s. I had them cut into 48″ lengths. Eleven pieces would be needed for my project. Three pieces were cut to 28″ lengths. I then screwed the three pieces to the five longer pieces as shown above. 

While I had the bottom of my project exposed, I screwed heavy duty casters into each corner.  

On the other side I used two 48 ” pieces attached perpendicular to the base I already had. 

I cut a piece of 1/2″ plywood the same size as the door and screwed it to the back side of the door. Then I slid the door down in the opening and screwed the support pieces into the door and plywood.

On the backside of the door, the plywood side, I drilled 40 holes with a 1/2″ drill bit and cut 40 1/2″ dowels. Each dowel was stuck into a hole and secured with a dab of wood glue and I had a perfect place for ribbon storage. 

After I had my door and plywood attached to one another, I secured them between the perpendicular upright pieces of 2′ x 6′.

After I inserted my door/ribbon holder I felt it needed a little more stability. I added a 2′ piece of 2 x 6 as shown at the arrow above.   

Add a Command hook and you have a base to style wreaths on and all of your ribbons are neatly hidden on the backside!  I would love to have you stop by my blog,  Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Chloe Crabtree

• Eva Snell Rubin

Approximately how long did you cut the 40-1/2” dowels? I realize a lot of that would probably depend on the kind and size of ribbons you have. Just wanted an idea of where to start. I will probably be making just the ribbon storage. Wall space to put smaller pieces of plywood but no space for a full door. I have French doors on my craft room and keep one closed all the time and work on the back of that one. Display completed wreaths on the front side by adding extensions to an over the door hanger. Thanks for sharing. Great idea!

• Chloe Crabtree

I cut my dowels 8 inches long. Good luck with your project. It is a great storage space.

• Ruthann Nissly Martinez

Did you leave the base like that? It looks unfinished.

• Mj

Chloe, wonderful. I don't do wreaths, but i do sew. This is a wonderful idea, and i can hang cutting mat boards, rulers, scissors and all kind of stuff - handy but out of sight. (organized, of which i'm not right now) 👍💖☺

• Kelly Meyer

Great idea for wreath making. MJ for your sewing wall you could also just use peg board and paint it to match your walls or another pop of color.

• Tonya

Awesome idea!!! tfs!