E r
E r
  • Van Alstyne, TX
Asked on Jun 22, 2019

What is causing frost free in out freezer?

KateSharonTedward
+1

Our maytag aka whirlpool freezer is building up ice in the very bottom meat keeper area. This inside freezing compartment. Ideas of what causing??

• Kelli L. Milligan

One of your seals probably has gone bad

• Tedward

The first thing to check is your seal. Sounds like moist air is getting in when the door or lid is closed.

• Sharon

Some of those freezers also have a small drain at the bottom, I poured very hot water and used a pipe cleaner to clean my girlfriends. Then we put in some alcohol to prevent it from clogging again.

• Kate

I had this problem with a bottom frrezer Kenmore fridge and a handyman came out and took all shelves out and then all screws in the back of freezer. Once the panel came off I could see water that didn't drain. He soaked it up with a huge towel and told me many folks have this problem due to an inefficient drain plug. It happens every 5-7 years depending on how often 1 opens the frost free freezer door. So now that I know what to do I will do it myself and save $100 anytime the water backs up. Good luck!