Asked on Jun 22, 2019

How do I bring this table into a showpiece?

ElizaDeeWilliam
+9

I found this table on a curb😊 and I have all kind of ideas to makeover it but suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!!

q how do i bring this table into a showpiece

Under

Top

• Jill

Turn into a retro 50s diner table. Red and silver. Or black and silver. Or Coca cola table. Or paint the entire round top as 1 big vinyl record.

• Ketta

Thanks Jill!!! it sits kinda low to the floor and it's a coffee table. Very heavy too!. I appreciate your ideas, thank you!!

• Debbie

does room need pop of color? This could be it....table could be any color....legs to match decor...black for traditional, silver or gold for more modern look.

No no matter what it is a great table and you could change it again in a few years!

• Ketta

Thank you Debbie, it is an awesome find. I had thought of combined silver and gold on top because the legs are like chrome. Thank you so much!!!

• Robyn Garner

I've got that exact same table as a kitchen set! Personally, I really like the midcentury style so you can refresh the metal parts in either gold or silver. The top is solid wood so stripping it and restaining in your choice of color is easily done. I really like the care taken to create the triangular pieces of the top. Restaining it will bring out that detail. Otherwise, you can paint in your choice of color.

• Ketta

I didn't think of painting it but that's a great idea! Thank you! Wow I wish I could see a pic of the table you got,😊

Paint the base black. Top is veneer over particle board. Lightly sand each triangle with the grain to remove the gloss and finish. Stain with a slightly darker stain. Also depends on your taste and decor.

• Ketta

Thank you William! I appreciate your help because I would have been sanding the wrong way😊

• Dee

Lightly sand the metal parts and then spray with Rustoleum spray paint, They have silver, stainless, Oil Rubbed Bronze, black, gold etc.

You can lightly sand the table top, each section at a time, and stain with a darker color. Make sure you poly the top and you should be good to go.

You could paint the top too.

• Eliza

Heavily sand the metal in swirling pattern ... get piece of pine circular cut to fit or improvise by finding old wood table to cut circle to fit sand it to bare wood light wood and seal with a varnish metal brushed it sanded reflects light & looks fresher than paint.