DIY A Natural Style Console Table

$68

I really wanted to challenge myself and make a natural style console table to match my home decor.

I found a cute little oak look bookcase for just $15 and knew that I wanted to turn it on it’s side to make a console table.

There were also little round stickers matching the wood grains that came with the bookcase to cover screws - so I used them on the top.

diy a natural style console table

My biggest problem was finding legs that were cheap. Most legs in the hardware stores were anywhere from $10-$20 EACH 😱

So I came up with the idea of using a saw horse for the legs- only $18 from Bunnings.

diy a natural style console table

It was so easy to attach to the bookcase with a drill and some screws.

diy a natural style console table

I also painted the saw horse white and added some decorative rope around the legs before attaching to the bookcase.

diy a natural style console table
diy a natural style console table

While I was at the hardware store Bunnings , I also found some beautiful sea grass baskets- $10 each - yes sounds expensive but they were the perfect fit , style and texture that I wanted for that natural look!

diy a natural style console table

Next I made some cute rope handles by threading them through the gaps in the seagrass baskets.

diy a natural style console table

Anyway my first attempt at making a natural style console table and the total cost came in around $68.

So happy with the end result as it fits in nicely with the rest of my decor!

diy a natural style console table

• Sue

I love this! I will be looking for the materials to make this too! Thank you for the inspiration!

• Carol Z
    30 minutes ago

OMG, Michelle! I love this so much!! I would have never thought of it, and it's brilliant! Would love to try it someday! Thank you for your amazing idea! 😊❤