How to create privacy for a loft?

+9

My bedroom upstair is a loft style. From the stair rail to the ceiling is open. I like to put something to provide the privacy but not blocking the light.

q how to create privacy for loft

the rails around the loft style bedroom

• Rainbow Bee Rainbow Bee on Jun 23, 2019

Cool loft! It would be really pretty if you hang white sheer curtains from the ceiling. Won't block out noise but will definitely give you some more privacy while keeping the natural light!

• GermanShepherd GermanShepherd on Jun 23, 2019

Hang bohoprint light curtains, long enough to cover railing and able to pull back to one side when needed. And move the mirror

Or several indoor trees or a futon or long low bookcase against railing

• Edith Edith on Jun 23, 2019

We have the same issue in our loft. I use two wood screens that can be used to shield the bed or across the entire loft if needed. They are kept folded in the closet when not in use.

• Lah Lah on Jun 23, 2019

My sister has the same issue. She took a quilt that was our Mom's and draped ot over the railing. It covers about 2/3. This allows light in from the railing to the ceiling and on the other 1/3, but still gives privacy.

• William William on Jun 23, 2019

I go with everyone that suggests curtains or sheers. Colorful or print. White would be to bland.

• Dee Dee on Jun 23, 2019

Light sheers would look great, get a pair with some kind of pattern. Ikea has some inexpensive sets

• Eliza Eliza on Jun 24, 2019

Stretch white silk across the wood with upholestry silver or antiqued tacks.

• SkaterGirl SkaterGirl on Jun 24, 2019

i would take a light color opaque fabric and weave it between the guard rail poles. This has been done for my balcony with shade cloth and it looks great. Good luck with your project

• Bernadette Bernadette on Jun 17, 2021

I can give a couple of tips from personal experience. Maybe it will help. For the room to remain light, thin, airy curtains of light shades are best suited. It is better to give preference to white or gray to avoid large, motley spots. I also don’t think patterned curtains will work. If you want colors in the room, it is better to add different pillows. Also, putting fresh flowers in the sleeping area isn't a good idea. It may be beautiful, but they also "breathe" oxygen at night. It may just make it difficult to breathe at night. If something might not work out, you can always turn to professionals. For example, I used to work with Loft conversions London.