Heather
Heather
  • Marietta, GA

Furniture Flip: Desk Hutch to Medicine Cabinet

I have been on the hunt for a medicine/storage cabinet for our bathroom for over a year. Pricey little buggars. My mom and I were at Goodwill one day and ran into this gem of only $11. I cleaned it up, wiped it down with liquid deglosser, and gave her a new coat of paint. The perfect size for our bathroom storage!
repurpose medicine cabinet desk hutch upcycle, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Before. It had a bit of an odd smell to it
I considered knocking the back out and replacing it with some left over beadboard, but no one will see it, so I just coated it with paint.
Finished! I just used left over white paint/primer I had and used Rustoleum's Silver metallic paint for the grates, knobs, and hinges.
We glued scrap boards to the back of the cabinet so we have added support when hanging it to the wall
I considered using a towel rack in the section below, but if I dont use hooks, the towels will not be hung after being used.

Heather

• Tammy Barnes

Loved this project! This was thinking outside the box! Great job!
  • Jen29243226

I swing into my local Goodwill often looking for interesting ideas. You found a great one! now I want to find one like it to try this project also. Looks wonderful!