Georgi
Georgi
  • Seattle, WA
Asked on Jun 23, 2019

How to get rid of moles?

JudyLaura KeenanPhyllis Shook Forrest

How do I get rid of the moles in my yard? Any good home remedies? They seem to be ignoring the ground repellers that make the noise. Help thank you in advance

• Phyllis Shook Forrest

When you find out let me know. They are tearing up my yard. I’ve tried to granules to kill grubs, that moles feed on, moth balls and chewing gum in the holes and also planted castor plants. The new solar device was expensive but doesn’t work. They dug tunnels right up to the device in the ground. Just some tips I’ve tried but didn’t work. Phyllis

• Georgi

yes I will let you know. I have been trying garlic powder and red pepper flakes. A friend of mine said to fish fertilizer down the hole and it would get a new zip code right now I don't know if they're working or not that's why I reached out. I will let you know what results I find out though

• Laura Keenan

If they are moles they will be in the grass eating grubs, insect larvae. If they are voles, they look similar to moles, they will be in your gardens, where plants are eating the roots and bulbs and rhizomes and literally the bottom of the plants of your valuable plants, shrubs. They love Hosta, ugh. I just lost over 21 hosta plants and most of them were new this year! I’m digging up the rest and transplanting them into an area they won’t go. Where the dogs poo. Put cinnamon around the edge of the bed and around the plants they like to eat. They hate the smell, also works to keep ants way too.

• Judy

The grubs are the problem. Treat your lawn for them and it will help. I have a great cat that adopted us and she gets them too!