4th of July Centerpiece DIY

$7

I wanted a centerpiece for our dining room table and decided to use an old tin (the kind used for cookies, storing things in) and at some point in time were pretty popular? I happen to have several that I either use for storing small items or just sit in the very back of my cupboards. I was wanting to work on a little 4th of July centerpiece DIY and my Uncle Ben rice tin fit the bill.

4th of july centerpiece diy

Give new purpose to an old tin--now Uncle Sam's patriotic hat for the perfect centerpiece!

4th of july centerpiece diy

Gathered up supplies like two different spray paint colors (tan & red), acrylic paint (navy & white), mini wood stars, hot glue gun, antique medium, and fillers (more on this below)!

4th of july centerpiece diy

After spray painting is done you are ready to start adding some more decorative touches. Add a navy blue trim to the bottom of the can.

4th of july centerpiece diy

Paint some small wooden stars in white then add some antique medium for aging. You are now ready to hot glue them in place.

4th of july centerpiece diy

After applying the stars you can add more antique medium throughout the tin to add more aging to it.

4th of july centerpiece diy

Fill with the following or whatever you have in mind.

• Wood patriotic picks
  • patriotic spray
  • shredded paper filler
  • flower foam 
  • small flags
  • “America Land that I love” banner (printed on my printer)

Other fillers, like the “America Land that I love” are printables that I previously posted and you can download  HERE!

GullyCreekCottage