4th of July Centerpiece DIY

$7

I wanted a centerpiece for our dining room table and decided to use an old tin (the kind used for cookies, storing things in) and at some point in time were pretty popular? I happen to have several that I either use for storing small items or just sit in the very back of my cupboards. I was wanting to work on a little 4th of July centerpiece DIY and my Uncle Ben rice tin fit the bill.

Give new purpose to an old tin--now Uncle Sam's patriotic hat for the perfect centerpiece!

Gathered up supplies like two different spray paint colors (tan & red), acrylic paint (navy & white), mini wood stars, hot glue gun, antique medium, and fillers (more on this below)!

After spray painting is done you are ready to start adding some more decorative touches. Add a navy blue trim to the bottom of the can.

Paint some small wooden stars in white then add some antique medium for aging. You are now ready to hot glue them in place.

After applying the stars you can add more antique medium throughout the tin to add more aging to it.

Fill with the following or whatever you have in mind.

• Wood patriotic picks
  • patriotic spray
  • shredded paper filler
  • flower foam 
  • small flags
  • “America Land that I love” banner (printed on my printer)

Other fillers, like the “America Land that I love” are printables that I previously posted and you can download  HERE!

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
GullyCreekCottage