Easy Mason Jar Hanging Solar Lights

$20

I love mason jar projects and I have wanted to make some hanging solar lights for a while. So I got out some jars, spray paint and ordered some fairly lights on Amazon and got to work!

I used pint sized mason jars but now I want to make some larger ones. These are great around our catio (the outside space for our indoor cats) but along the fence they were a bit small.

Anyway, I started by cleaning the jars. Then I masked them off for painting. I only wanted the bottom portion painted so the fairy lights would shine nicely. I also painted the screw on part of the lids.

I used four colors of paint to match the flower buckets that hang on my fence.

All I had left to do was add the lights. These (affiliate link) fairy lights came in a box of four from Amazon. The lights, solar lids and the wire hangers are all included and I just love them.

Before adding the solar lid turn the switch to the "on" position.

Once they are together hang them up and enjoy them. As I mentioned earlier these were perfect around our catio. So that is where I hung them.

Aren't they fun and colorful? Here is what they look like when lit up.

They are such a great addition to my patio space and I am anxious to make more.

If you like this post you will probably like other posts on my blog. You can join my email/newsletter and get access to my resource library with free printables, designs and cut files.

Michelle James

• Lisa Elford

What a great idea! I'd love to try it but I'm wondering where you got the hangers for the jars?

• Jim Cox

Until your post I had been making the hangers. I had been buying 16 ga copper wire from a local motor supply house.

Thx for saving me the time!

• Rosanne Carpenter

I think this a great project. Just wondering, is there a reason you didn't paint the entire jar? I think it would look pretty shining through the different colors you did.

• Michelle James

I didn't think it would shine through enough. I wanted color but not to drown out the light. You could try it and see if enough light comes through. I think they would be cute completely painted.

• Ter

Where do you get solar lights with lids?

• Elizabeth

I've bought the fairy lights before, but had NO idea they also came with the lids AND the wire hangers! Now that's a great deal! Appreciate your links. thx!