Cheryl Ann
Cheryl Ann
  • Morristown, TN
Asked on Jun 25, 2019

What can I use to patch a section of vinyl flooring in my kitchen?

Cheryl AnnPeggyLorraine
+3

I have a section right in front of my stove that was ripped and torn and made me trip over it everytime I walked over it. I cut it back and need to replace the space with something that covers the old floor yet looks nice. What can I do? Without using a rug...

q what can i use to patch a section of vinyl flooring in my kitchen

The space is 43 x 20 outside of the stove

• Kelli L. Milligan

Go to a flooring store that sells remnants. Hopefully you can find one that will look good with your existing floor. Cut to fit and glue down. Good luck.

I agree with Kelli. Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards. You may find something pretty close to the existing floor. Glue down with vinyl adhesive.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi, I am with Kelly on this one. Take a picture of the part of the floor you want to match if you don't have any pieces to take and try to match it.

• Lorraine

Maybe, stick on tiles that look like wood flooring? If you can’t match the one you have.

• Peggy

The only way really to “patch” the area, is if you have a ‘closet or pantry’ take the flooring out of there & find family remnant to put in pantry/closet.

• Cheryl Ann

Thank you all for your help and ideas its greatly appreciated. I added an area rug for now until I can find matching flooring to patch it with.