Brenda Green Bell
Brenda Green Bell
  • Stone Mountain, GA
Asked on Jun 25, 2019

How do I clean prefinished wood floors without dulling them?

SharonEmJudyH
+5

• Land

wish I knew! I'll be watching, too

• Anne Chung

Ours are 75+ yrs originals in an old factory. We use a damp flat cloth mop and sometimes an all purpose diluted and rinsed. We had floors done by professional that also does many businesses and they used Zep commercial hardwood floor cleaner from Home Depot. They looked great but it needs to set for a few hours. Call Zep for directions/advise. Murphys oil soap works but really need small amount and found sometimes left residue we could feel. We used citrus cleaner fr/ Dollar Tree and Citrus Magic with good results.

• JudyH

I have found ONE capful of Murphy's Wood Soap and a quarter cup white vinegar mixed with water works great. Wring out your mop or whatever applicator you are using really well or put the solution in a spray bottle and spritz the floor. You only want to use a damp mop on wood. If you don't like the smell of vinegar you can add up to 10 drops of essential oil, such as lemon, lavender or peppermint to the water.

• Em

I like the Zep from Home Depot and I just started to use Bona. Walmart carries it.

• Sharon

I prefer the Bona wood floor cleaner, but I also use the Murphy's Oil Soap in the white bottle you just apply with damp mop for another client.