Asked on Jun 25, 2019

How to figure out what’s wrong with my air conditioner?

DfmSpudBreadKelli L. Milligan
+4

My ac unit kept tripping the breaker so the ac tech replaced the breaker and it tripped again once so far. Two different techs have checked the unit and can’t figure out what’s wrong. They said it may need an electrician?

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Sounds like your breaker isn't the right size for the unit. I would recommend getting someone, electricity is nothing to mess with.

• Em
    Em

Then call an electrician. If it isn't the AC unit, it may be it needs it's own circuit and the installer did not do a proper job. Better safe than sorry.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Are they the ones,who installed it?

• SpudBread
    SpudBread

YEARS ago when living on the ARIZONA desert-- people constantly had that problem -- caused by CLOGGED FILTERS-- replace or CLEAN the filter-- see if it helps!!! Much cheaper-- hope that takes care of the situation.

• Dfm
    Dfm

Yup, it may be fuse, it may something else...as the power supply may be doing a rotating black out, not uncommon in my area.